Friday 21 August 2009

090821 Tutorial 4

Tutorial 4 - we were taught to do simple animator in max
One thing I find interesting yet a bit meaningless (maybe there are whole heaps of theory behind which I do not know) is to screen capture animation and do lofting in Rhino ... ...

Anyway, here you go~~~

Step 01:
Screen-capturing in max



I fail to do gif animation in photoshop. I couldn't figure out how to export frames into gif image. Maybe there are some softwares on the web which are free to do gif animation.

Step 02:
Trace elements in 2D-CAD and bring the frames into Rhino for Lofting



Urghh ... actually I made a several lofts. I personally think that lofting across linear looks the best. Images upon request.

Animation:
Sent my setup in max to UWA render farm with scanline + skylight + light tracer setting. No external linked material added. It took 3 hours to render.



Some students may split render in render farm. But it DOES NOT WORK for animation. So do not set split render when you send your animation to the render farm. What you will end up with is 16 sets of horizontal-strip-animations, they just do not combine into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment